Post by necrovis on Feb 8, 2016 9:33:54 GMT 10
WillingShade Studios: LoD Review
Hello there fellow Necromancers!
In the latest installment of "Lord of Decay" a select few of us were chosen to test the pre-alpha build. As a LoD fan, I was immensely pleased with this opportunity. I was even more pleased with the experience of playing this early build. Yet, even the most successful games have their bugs and quirks. This is especially true for games in their pre-alpha stage. But as I immersed myself in the world of Lord of Decay, I realized that not all bugs are eye cringing piles of incomplete potential. Sure this game has it's bugs. That's to be expected. But once you really get involved in the world, you realize just how much potential this game has.
Now, as a firm believer of eating my dessert first, i will first list everything that was simply jaw dropping:
- The Minimap
- The graphically enhanced landscape
- The many different locations and enemy encounters
- The ability to slaughter innocent civilians at my leisure
- The new Goat/Minotaur enemy
- and finally, that moment when you first lay your eyes upon the celestial barrier warding off the beautifully designed city. Breath taking
Now of course there are several other improvements, such as UI updates, a day/night cycle (which gives the game a more living and breathing environment) and a whole score of other fixes and improvements.
And now, for the bugs:
- Instance where, at a distance, fire will "square" out
- Instance where your minions' body will disappear, leaving only the circle under them to give away their location
- Minion AI will often get left behind. Path finding may need to be updated in the future to effectively control your army
- Instance where the "attack my target" reticule will remain on screen even after a foe has been defeated
- Instances where running through buildings is fact rather than fiction
- A giant floating head in the middle of the map. It's a beautiful head. But it is in the middle of the map in the sky nonetheless
All in all, this was an extremely satisfying Pre-Alpha build. The pro's easily outweigh the cons. Though it has a ways to go, it's obvious this game is a success in the making. We can't wait for the next update!